Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
Car Insurance Overview
Learn about car insurance including what it is and why you need it to protect yourself from Solo Insurance®, your local and online insurance agents that can shop the best rates for you and your situation. We serve Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Georgia, Nevada, Texas, Ohio, Indiana, Louisiana, Virginia, and Oregon.
If you would like a free car insurance quote, contact Solo Insurance online, request a free quote, or call 1-800-207-7656.
What Is Car Insurance?
Car insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Car insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
A car insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most car policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why Do You Need Car Insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions To Ask Your Agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding car insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Car Insurance by State
Not all states have the same car insurance requirements or options. Find out what your state requires by clicking on the links below. For a free car insurance quote, request an online quote or call us at 1-800-207-7656.
Indiana Car Insurance
Virginia Car Insurance
Missouri Car Insurance
Illinois Car Insurance
Georgia Car Insurance
Louisiana Car Insurance
Nevada Car Insurance
Oregon Car Insurance
Ohio Car Insurance
Texas Car Insurance
Kansas Car Insurance
If you want a company to shop the best car insurance rates for you, contact Solo Insurance online, request a free quote, or call 1-800-207-7656.